The development of a virtual community takes time ... we have an entire semester, but we'd like to get it started immediately. Even though this is a face to face course, one of our goals is for us all to connect well beyond the walls of the classroom. To that end, one of the first things we need you to do is to post a personal introduction to this course site.
To do this, you must do the following:
- Go to http://blogs.psu.edu and click the log in link on the right side of the page
- Once in your dashboard use the pull down menu at the top of the page to select this blog, it will be titled, "Disruptive Technologies in Teaching and Learning."
- Use the "Create >> Entry" link at the top of the page and start writing your post.
- Use the category, "Personal Introduction" when posting.
- When finished, click "Save" and be sure the publish status is set to "Publish"
- If you do not have personal webspace you will need to immediately complete the online quiz
- If you do not see this site in your dashboard, send both Cole and Scott and email containing your PSU Userid immediately and one of us will get you added.
This serves two important purposes for us ... one is so we can meet each of you and learn a little about you and it gets you all in the space and posting right away. All we are asking you to do is create a quick post that adresses the following:
- Your name
- Where you're from
- What are your interests
- Why you are taking this class
- Anything interesting about you
- How would you describe your overall comfort level with the use of technology?
- Does technology interest you?
- Talk a little about how you see technology influencing teaching and learning.