Blackboard Mobile Learn is now available as part of the LMS pilot. Blackboard Mobile Learn is an app available for use on the iPhone, iPad, iPad touch, Android, Blackberry, and Palm smartphones. The iDevices ( iPhone, iPad, iPad touch) will work over wifi and the other mobile devices (Android, Blackberry, Sprint) will work on both wifi and wireless networks). Please be wary that a cost may be involved for use with certain devices. As far as I'm aware, there is no cost to use the app on the iPhone, iPad, iPad touch, and phones using Sprint as the carrier. But please check first.
At first blush, it appears you can both consume and create content using the Mobile Learn app. We should explore just how much of this can be done and by whom (instructors, students).
Is anyone interested in trying Blackboard Mobile Learn as part of the pilot? If so let me know. We are especially interested in knowing:
- What content can be accessed by instructors (syllabus, course materials, discussion, chat, gradebook, other?)
- What content can be accessed by students (syllabus, course materials, discussion, chat, grades other?)
- What content can be created by instructors (syllabus, course materials, discussion, chat, gradebook other?)
- What content can be created by students (syllabus, course materials, discussion, chat, other?)
- What was the experience like? Was the app responsive & robust enough? Was it easy to use/work with? Limitations and advantages?
To participate, you need to download the app to your device. To do this, from your mobile device:
- Go to the Blackboard Mobile Learn site
- Here you can read more about the app, watch some demos, etc.
- When you are ready to install the app, click on the "Is Your Campus Mobile? link on the right-hand side (it's located right above the Twitter option).
- A new page will open.
- Select the "Find out if your school has it option." (The blue box located top-center).
- Enter Penn State in the search field
- Select the "Pennsylvania State University University Park option. (it should work for all campuses).
- Follow the prompts.