Moodlerooms Training on October 5, 2010 is now posted - Click here to access it!
Available Video Tutorials from the Moodle Community
They cover everything from assignments to wikis. You can view the videos from the following sites:
- Collection of Community-based Tutorials
- MoodleRooms Video Tutorial Library
Note: If you watch the videos here you may see a message on some of the videos that states the video no longer exists. However, it does. Click on the name of the video (it's a link under the image) to watch it.
Moodle Pilot - Faculty TrainingFaculty Introductory and Best Practices
Thursday, August 12th (8:30 - 4:30 p.m.)
Room 134 Cedar Building
Moodle Pilot - Admin training (support staff only)
Administrators Training (Webinar)
Thursday, August 5th (8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.)
Room 116 Wagner Building
For online training, the vendor has provided 2 training courses on the PSU site. The sites are:
Directions: You will be required to log into the Penn State Adobe Connect server to view the movies. Once the movie has loaded, you may use the movie controls to start, stop or fast forward through the movie.
Faculty Introductory and Best Practices
Morning Session (unedited full version) 3 Hr. 26 Min.
- Introduction to the Moodle Platform (15 Min.)
- Navigation and Profile (11 Min.)
- Course Format (20 Min.)
- Course Format - Adding Blocks (7 Min.)
- Course Example (8 Min.)
- Adding Resources and Content (28 Min.)
- Adding Topic Labels for Course Organization (8 Min.)
- Adding Learning Activities- Assignments (22 Min.)
- Adding Books for Content Organization (10 Min.)
- Discussion Boards (13 Min.)
Afternoon Session (unedited full version) 3 Hr. 08 Min.
- Introduction to the Glossary Tool (25 Min.)
- Quizzes-Part 1 (24 Min.)
- Quizzes-Part 2 (24 Min.)
- Reporting Functions- Grade Book (16 Min.)
- Reports-Student Activities-Wrap up (14 Min.)
- More Tool Sets (11 Min.)
- Orientation and Edit Profile (17 Min. 50 Sec.)
- Certificate and Polling Tool (4 Min. 05 Sec.)
- Groups (3 Min. 45 Sec.)
- Formatting Your Course and adding Content (28 Min. 45 Sec.)
- Reporting Functions Intro to Gradebook (1 Hr. 24 Min. 42 Sec.)
- Quizzes (50 Min. 16 Sec.)
- Podcast and Other Tools (2 Min. 17 Sec.)